[Gambas-devel] compling new component

Shuveb Hussain shuveb at ...7...
Fri Mar 12 08:44:36 CET 2004

Hi
I am Shuveb Hussain and I live in India. I am a
programmer and work for Winways
Systems(www.winways.co.in). I am 23 and have been
programming(Linux and Windoze) for the past 5 years. I
was playing around with the example component and I
found it real easy and a lot of fun to be programming
components.
The fun ended when I tried to write my own component
in a separate directory. I just could not get it to
compile. I haven't been into the autoconf stuff
before. I even created the Makefile.am file as
instructed in the wiki, but to no avail. I think
something more is needed. Please help. What are the
places/files where i need to make changes in order to
get my component to compile?

Regards,
Shuveb

p.s
The component I was trying to write was an image
creation/manipulation component with which gambas
users can create/manipulate jpg/png images. underneath
i use the gd library. please checkout
www.linuxgazette.net article #91 by me for more details.