[Gambas-devel] Curious error (gbi)

Daniel Campos danielcampos at ...45...
Sun Mar 7 09:51:34 CET 2004

Hello:

When you try to extract symbols from a non-existing library, for example
you want to do :

gbi gb.net

but you type it wrongly:

gbi gb.neto

A segmentation fault happens. I've look at the code, in gbi.c, and all
seems to be OK:

  lib = lt_dlopenext(path);

  if (!lib)
    error2(path, lt_dlerror());

  desc = lt_dlsym(lib, LIB_CLASS);

However, libtool does not return NULL in lt_dlopenext as it should do,
as 'gb.neto' does not exists, but a handle to ..what?, so, when calling
to lt_dlsym the program crashes.

Currently I'm using libtool-1.4.3 from Mandrake cooker, and the previous
version from Mandrake 9.2 has the same problem...is it a bug from
libtool, or something I can no see?

Daniel Campos <danielcampos at ...45...>