[Gambas-devel] DateAdd and DateDiff

Nigel Gerrard nigel at ...2...
Fri Jul 16 11:04:52 CEST 2004

On Thursday, July 15, 2004 9:48, Benoit Minisini wrote:
Subject: Re: [Gambas-devel] DateAdd and DateDiff

> I don't know how you could test them if you didn't modify the compiler
too.

I didn't touch anything within the compiler folder - you have all the
changes.  My understanding
from the code was that the compiler would just compile the pcode using the
COMP_subr_info array that was changed
within gb_reserved_temp.h.  All the real work is done within Exec.  [Good
modular programming :-]
Well, atleast it works for me!

> Could you insert your two functions in the gb.vb component ? Because you
used
> the vb syntax, and I'm not sure that I won't find a better one for Gambas
;-)

I will try and move it into the VB module as it would be a more logical
place perhaps to have it. The disadvantage is
that I might have to duplicate private code such as the date_is_valid
function in the VB component (hopefully it is the
only one.)

Nigel