[Gambas-devel] gambas editor added PrettyPrinter

Charlie karl.reinl at ...16...
Tue Jul 13 22:49:25 CEST 2004

Benoit Minisini schrieb:

 >On Monday 12 July 2004 00:46, Charlie Reinl wrote:
 >

 >>Salut,
 >>
 >>based on 0.94 (not 0.94a) I added to the gb.qt.editor a PrettyPrinter.
 >>( editor.TabLength return a int now, I changed it for this version)
 >>
 >>I send you a gambas project (Indenter4-0.0.4.tar.gz) to test it and the
 >>*.cpp and *.h files I changed (editor_new.tar.gz) ,  copy them to
 >>/.../gambas-0.94/src/lib/qt/editor/ then compile/install it.
 >>
 >>The PrettyPrinter does not make the sourcecode only readable, he also
 >>detects Errors .
 >>When sourcecode loos his Structure a if/endif , for/next etc. is not
closed
 >>correctly.
 >>
 >>Please let me know what you think about.
 >>
 >>Amicalement
 >>Charlie
 >>PS: Try to post that mail since yesterday late night , and had problems
 >>till now
 >>

 >Hi, Charlie
 >
 >Having a pretty printer is a good idea, but I think that the way you
 >implemented it is not the good way! You should have told me before...
 >
 >The good way would have been using the gb.eval component that includes
the
 >gambas compiler parser in its code. With a few changes in the parser code
 >(just to keep the spaces in a beginning of a line), rewriting a line
of code
 >from its result is very simple!

Yeah, thats the info I parsed the gambas sourcecode for, but to close to
'compile'

 >As for the detection of error in code structure, the compiler already
detect
 >that, so it is not useful to add it in the pretty-printer. It is not its
 >role.

Yes it does, but with PrettyPrinter it will be visual.

 >If you are interested, look at ./lib/eval/eval_read.c or
./comp/gbc_read.c.
 >Add #define DEBUG at the beginning of ./comp/gbc_read.c and the
compiler will
 >display the result of the parser at each compilation.

Thanks for your hint, I'm just a beginner (once again) in C. And I use
my old knowlege.

 >Regards,

Amicalement
Charlie