[Gambas-devel] updating QT

Ahmad Kamal eng_ak at ...100...
Thu Jan 29 14:35:17 CET 2004

Hi everyone,

    A little off topic question, but I was wondering if anyone could
help me upgrade qt on my redhat9 system, so that I can run the latest
GB. I downloaded the 14mb qt version source & compiled, but then KDE
would crash, GB and every other K app would crash every 5 sec or so....
I later learned redhat systems need to install from rpms, as they change
some configurations, making source installs useless.

The problem is:
1- Do I have to download a whole new KDE besides the qt rpms ??
2- If so, can someone plz tell me which files I need to download, and
the order to install them in?

Thnx