[Gambas-devel] Zib 0.2

Daniel Campos danielcampos at ...45...
Thu Feb 19 22:13:54 CET 2004

Hi!

My 'zlib' component is near to be finished, I've added
a virtual class 'Zengine' which provides four static methods:

* GZip(Source As String,Target As String,[Level As String])

Compresses source file in target file, using specified level
of compression (0 low-9 best). The target file is in GZIP format

* Gunzip (Source As String,Target As String)

Decompresses source gzip file into target file

* DeflateString(Source As String,[Level As String],[AllowGrow As
Boolean) As String

Compresses source string and returns it, using 'Deflate' algorithm
(it is not exactly the same as Gzip), if 'AllowGrow' value is FALSE
(default), the returned string will be deflated only if the result of
that operation is a string with less length than the original string, if
not, it will return the original string untouched.

InflateString(Source As String)

Returns a string expanded using 'Inflate' method

Daniel Campos <danielcampos at ...45...>