[Gambas-devel] Gambas & ODBC

Andrea Bortolan andrea_bortolan at ...112...
Thu Dec 30 17:39:45 CET 2004

 --- Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...> ha

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc/htm/o
> >dbcodbc_api_reference.asp
> >
> > .
> > I also started to create a new Gambas modules
> "ODBC"
> > that does not leverage on the Gambas DB class, but
> > this seems to duplicate many things and I don't
> know
> > which it the best way in order to have an ODBC
> > connection...plese let me know your thought.
> >

> The big problem is that ODBC seems to be NOT
> database independant, contrary to
> the gb.db component that relies on its drivers. For
> example, dates in
> ODBC/SQLServer queries can be different from dates
> in ODBC/MySQL queries. Can
> you ensure that the same query syntax will work for
> every ODBC driver, at
> least for the values (dates, numbers and strings) ?

This should be done by the ODBC standard !? The Odbc
API are able to returns dates in many formats but all
those format are standard and unique.

http://gsbwww.uchicago.edu/computing/research/SASManual/accdb/z0421269.htm