[Gambas-devel] create component

Frank Berg frankberg at ...136...
Sat Dec 25 04:55:40 CET 2004

Hi group,

i'm trying to make an component...

1.) its need the library : libax25
from the amateur radio software pool eg http://ax25.sourceforge.net
and is it includet in my suse 9.2 distribution

in this lib there are many functions i will use in gambas

so i think i must make an component for gambas to use this library

2.) i was read all descriptions, all examples carfull, but it is my first thing in linux :-)
Charlie was help me greatfull to writing the first start
so now: one smal metod are ready

3.) the compiler are compiling my source, and all seems to be ok,
i can see the ax25 component in the component section of gambas, and include it in my gambas project

4.) in the example to write an component benoit says there are 3 links there must be created.
in the ax25 folder there are an script where i create this links.
in this script i use the folder structure from the suse destribution, in benoits example the folder structure is different.

5.) but...... i can't use it.
wat is wrong???
please help me to understand what is wrong, i'em not expert (in linux and/or c++), so please not return an : read the example :-)
there are many functions waiting to include in the component, i must understand my error..

greetings, frank

ps.

ax25 is an network component includet in the kernel, so maybe it is better not to create an new ax25 component
maybe its better to be includet in the gb.net component... the group is the expert :-)