[Gambas-devel] Gambas & ODBC

Andrea Bortolan andrea_bortolan at ...112...
Mon Dec 20 16:30:40 CET 2004

Hi all,
in the attached file you'll find the ODBC connector
for Gambas, it is based on the unixODBC framework.
It's still in Alpha version...
I was able to use it in order to connec to to my
iSeries (AS/400) database using the Client Access ODBC
Driver and also I connected succesfully to an MySQL DB
server.
I used the Gambas Database example, in the type field
put the "odbc" value, in the host field put the DSN
(created using the ODBCConfig), the Database field is
not used the user and password fields have to be
filled with a correct data for the connection.
If you have an iSeries you can try to query the test
table QIWS.QCUSTCDT that returns 12 record and 11
field.

Please contact me for any question.
Have a nice day, Andrea.

Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: E' molto più divertente: Audibles, Avatar, Webcam, Giochi, Rubrica
 Scaricalo ora!
http://it.messenger.yahoo.it