[Gambas-devel] Editor.Analyze has a problem with too long strings

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Aug 23 00:32:19 CEST 2004

On Sunday 22 August 2004 23:16, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> Salut Benoit,
>

> seams we Editor.Analyze have a problem with too long strings.
> Have a look to the "BE CAREFUL!..." line
>
> IF	2	Keyword
> Message	5	Symbol
> .	4	Operator
> Warning	5	Symbol
> (	4	Operator
> (	4	Operator
> IF	2	Keyword
> Message	5	Symbol
> .	4	Operator
> Warning	5	Symbol
> (	4	Operator
> (	4	Operator
> "BE CAREFUL! This project seems to be already opened.\n\nOpening the same
> project twice can crash the IDE\nand lead to data los	7	String
> s."	7	String
> )	4	Operator
> ,	4	Op	7	String
> s."	7	String
> )	4	Operator
> ,	4	Operator
> (	4	Operator
> "Open after all"	7	String
> )	4	Operator
> ,	4	Operator
> (	4	Operator
> "Do not open"	7	String
> )	4	Operator
> )	4	Operator
> =	4	Operator
> 2	6	Number
> THEN	2	Keyword
>
> This is the change he wana make.
>
> File :Project.module
> Line : 162
> Org : ->    IF Message.Warning(("BE CAREFUL! This project seems to be
> already opened.\n\nOpening the same project twice can crash the IDE\nand
> lead to data loss"),("Open after all"),("Do not open")) = 2 THEN<-
> New : ->    IF Message.Warning(("BE CAREFUL! This project seems to be
> already opened.\n\nOpening the same project twice can crash the IDE\nand
> lead to data los s"), ("Open after all"), ("Do not open")) = 2 THEN<-
>
> At loos the return is bad.
>
> Amicalement
> Charlie

I didn't think about this problem, while pattern splitting was only used for
colorizing.

Patterns are just limited to 127 characters... I will raise the limit to 4095
by rewriting the algorithm. I think it will be sufficient.

mailto:gambas at ...1...