[Gambas-devel] Packaging gambas

Tor Krill gambas at ...144...
Tue Aug 3 00:02:32 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 19:08, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Monday 02 August 2004 18:38, Tor Krill wrote:
> > Hi Benoit and thank You for your quick reply,

> > > gbi creates *.info and *.class files that describe the components.
> > >
> > > Can you use gdb to see where gbi crashes:
> >
> > I have attached a log of a short gdb session. I hope i got the arguments
> > correct.
> >
> > Regards,
> > /Tor
>
> It is a crash in ld.so. Hum... Can you check that the shared library
> lib.gb.net.so has been correctly compiled ?

As far as i can tell the lib.gb.net.so has been correctly built.

> I don't think so, as you told me
> that everything was working when compiling the package from scratch without
> special options.

Yes when only compiling and installing it. I get a running version of
gambas.

I have narrowed it down to that gbi crashes horribly on gb.qt

When running gbi from within the "installation directory" and issueing:

./bin/gbi  gb.qt

I get a segmentation fault while gb.net works fine. When seing this
there seems to be something wrong with my environment(?)

My qt installation is installed under /opt/qt and i do not have any kde
installation.

Further more, this setup is working when running as root. When im
building packages i try not to do that as root but rather building as my
self. Using fakeroot when necessary.

Other observations is that when i have a working installation of gambas
on my computer. The package building succeeds. Removing the installation
makes it crash again.

Also, the size of lib.gb.qt.so.0.0.0 differs between the successful
install and the package building process.

It seems that something in the intallment procedure requires that some
parts are where they should finaly be installed? Or that the qt library
is treated diffrently during install as root or not.

Regards,
/Tor