[Gambas-devel] Bug-Auto complete TextEdit?

ron ronstk at ...124...
Fri Apr 16 14:00:41 CEST 2004

On Friday 16 April 2004 13:24, Ahmad Kamal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     I am using the latest 0.92a version. The auto-complete feature rocks
>
> :) But, something is strange on my machine. Autocompletes works for
>
> (Label, TextLabel, and Button) but doesn't work for (TextEdit,
> RadioButton, ComboBox). Doesn't work means no menu is displayed when I
> hit the '.' key!! Is this normal.

At my box they work.

When the class name consist of one letter, like the network examples, the
autocomplete has indeed problems and do not work.
Benoit does know it and is is searching a workaround for it.

I found in the past this behaviour also but after a ENDIF end END IF
The END WITH had the same problem and these are fixed now in 92a
But maybe it is still better to use ENDIF.

May be there is somewhere a syntax error. Is it in every procedure
or a special one? If that is the case mail it here.

One importand thing is the ' gambas class file at the first line.
It looks to me the autocomplete can be sensitive for it when missing.
Can not reliable reproduce it for bug report atm.

If it is not there the code to get the symbols can or does forget the
newly added symbols to add in this list sometimes as I found in my
project and then the autocomplete miss it too or did not work.
It can be a failure in my own code and it is based and uses the original
class from the IDE.

> What is the difference bet label & textlabel BTW

Label
This control is a label that shows a text.

TextLabel
This class implements a control displaying HTML text.