[Gambas-devel] Database Component

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Wed Apr 14 22:00:31 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 15:36, ron wrote:
> > I've found out that field names are indeed "not case
> > sensative" in mysql, but table names and database names may
> > be.
> table names are indeed case sensitive
> and database name for 99 % too

In fact, mysql table names (and probably database names) are case
insensitive if you store them on a case insensitive filesystem
such as vfat or ntfs (not that I'm recommending that. :) )  I
also think the ANSI SQL specification says table names need to
be case insensitive, so sooner or later mysql will have to come
around.

Rob