[Gambas-devel] gambas can not compile under RH 8 and RH 9

Rudy Fehren RudyF at ...78...
Wed Oct 15 01:23:10 CEST 2003

Hello from Germany,

please excuse my bad english !!! ,

today when I was in school, I went to our mailing list of the gambas-
users on the sourceforge server and had to read that reconcile gamba
users, considerable problems at the compiling of the version
0.70 B talk under the Linux Distrubitionen psyche that is version 8.0
and the newer version 9.0 has had or have.

These users wrote this for her described to the biggest part for gambas
compiling couldn't,
expressed differently this one orders . /configure and Make were the
order as a Root Su C "make install" partly went fault-freely executed
fault-freely even without Warning  of make.

You wanted to call as soon as gambas was missing cooked trifle went
more, she got an error message in the best case the missing told this
one to you then at Shell.

I have followed this Misterium, have talk has installed in the versions
8.0 and 9.0 on our school computers: ;)) and must now what the users
described states this all was correct.

Also the error message appeared of gambas this one for the end in the
call was completely identically with with it, the user (look up in the
mailing list as of September 2003 till October 2003).

I must say this I at home use psyche (RH8.0) myself and no faults
compile except for a warning shown get, but only unite warning note
Access unused and Internalization disabled now.

So I have my System by checked on the whole so well I noticed the following.
I go this for most users RedHat with the graphic one from this for
installation routine
installed have.

This is she only doesn't tie the QT libraries into the system correctly
actually either very well
the error message has closed also on this (who be a Mandrake well !!
calls own)
one rather didn't have influence on it either.
All KDE packages won't for some be missing installed either anyway there
these absolutely are necessary
runs so that gambas.

But thank God one can the problem get a grip on minimal effort.

/////////////////////////////////+++++\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Solution 1:

One starts his system newly adjusts his disk drive to CD boats in the
Bios, then put the RH
Installalitions CD votes as soon as one the CD booting had and the
installation routine appears
Updating system and selecting packages quite importantly individually.

It simply only will confirm a couple of questions asked like Bootmanager
updated.

This then appears one can Selectionmenue be able to to show all Packets
here,
one chooses Programing and accepts all packages .  (inclusive of
language libraries etc. ).

Man CSPAN then simply chooses the complete sparkle package select everything

Then one chooses desktop KDE and looks whether all Packete are installed
(these aren't the n?mlich; -)) !!)

There is still every lot of system libraries the standards isn't
installed, also here simply everything selects.

The data banks still look the good end whether My-Sql installs packages
(inkls server) select to were, the sparkle Bindings are importantly
simply also everything best here: (((.

Ca ever amounts the totaly of the update to 500 MByte or 750 after what
is missing.

One forces the Packetmanager to feed and to dissolve the Nistakes newly
and the system  with that.

It is, so beautifully is also the RedHat package manager a disadvantage
had also the only opportunity to keep the installation individual he
doesn't see all packages these under the Dektop man installed are also be
Not shown Nistakes therefore.

So after this is come through and the installation finished lasts
approximately no open update click
half till 1 hour ever after (what kind of computer what kind of Packets
and so on.)

Don't forget to update the Bootloader and case store diskette drive on
diskette availably.

We start our RedHat with the new Packets as now can.
Has absolutely at Shell as Root log in it started after this
then and then simply only find without no preffix enter Su- enter.

Then becomes the system fed now newly similarly under Windows 98 as sc

We then complete Shell with Exit and log off.

After this we then apply at the system as a normal user.

Starting our Session and being able to compile and install  after the
gambas 0.70b quite normally
it should run.

////////////////////////////////////+++++\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

////////////////////////////////////+++++\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Solution 2:

It is that one of the KPackage standards the more polished solution for
God so in my opinion unfortunately
you not install with RedHat and even under the Suse rather one had
preferred it there?
these don't offer any solution trial for an individual installation,
though (M of $ lets greetings) properit?e solutions to use the
"Packetmanager" of one's own like the "YaST 2" or under RH.

But one can this remedy one downloads either the Kpackage as RPM packs
down too receivedly
under http://www.rpmseek.com or in Germany under
http://www.easylinux.de/Download/ down from the download side there.

Either we still install him for okay with YaST 2 under the Suse after we
have drawn him or
still with the Packetnanager under RH (we don't need these tools soon
any more).

Or else with the Shell rpm -i  "kpackgage-????"(version number)

We notify this of each other as of and after so after this had opened
at, again this procedure had
standardm?sig isn't the Kpackge the following background in the start strip.

We click under SuSE on the start strip /System/configuration/KPackage in
the K Menue so now
we find this entry there.

We find him under  /Extras/system tools/ under RedHat 8.0
We find him under RedHat 9.0 under /Systemtools/otherSystemtools/KPackage.

First we push F5 around the RPM database newly as now can we start KPackage
we will for everything be astonished to feed of gambas what is so
missing to the business what is necessary.

MySQL sparkle, the complete KDE package, inclusive of Bindings,
therefore absolutely necessarily under RedHat,

SDL is importantly and absolutely advisably also KDevelop, inclusive of
all Bindings desweiteren of the QT designers

It is advisable to install KDevelop also, a set-up also admits the QT
designer to this in the Startmenue
gambas starts and to konfugurieren everything before you compile.

For our needs we adjust this one back to KPackage but now:

Item 1: we open the dialog to this about attitudes/establish Kpackage

Item 2: clicking in the register card types in the category RPM on the
button loft place of Packets

Item 3: Here one can  many places freely define  of also the CDROM disk
drive but later more

Packages are missing we make use of the installation CDs it has
therefore goes to the item 4 there we now know this of talk

Item 4: Either we mounted of the CDROM double-click  disk drive  on the
CDROM icon on this
Desktop, or mounted cdrom adhere by Shell: or else mnt /dev/cdrom ever
after we have what for a Linux.

Item 5 : We still can alternatively make a Folder as / describe and it
and  /inst/  this Folder to mounted and the RPMS of the installation CDS
then copy there or the CDROMS also had at once the whole contents for
the advantage for it the access is faster.

Item 6 : We inform about KPackage now like in it   either so item 3
described this place for it for CDROM
Disk drive or else the new Folder

Item 7: We push "F5"  now the following KPackage includes this new
Packets in his database passed with on it and updates himself.

Item 8: We can present install missing Packets  individually  and also
this one  with KPackage
Dissolving .

Item 9: one can install also many packages on-one time so

We cancel off and at once so after again this all is come through and
the system is updated
as Root though.

We start a Shell and type one "find" without an addition the system is
fed newly, we then end the Sssion with "Exit".

So then we cancel and the same as a normal user at the system?

We can for it start our normal Sssion and gamba kompileren and install,
now mssre run

Reason for the problems under RedHat is a configuration, talk
there has the main emphasis on gnomes and KDE doesn't put desweiteren of
also therefore Gtk and Qt Toolkit doesn't give the advantage.

I hope gambas to the compile I could help that is with me and one could
on the two test computers and execute.

Many Wishes Rudy: -))