[Gambas-devel] adding Env/Env$ to gambas - help?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Sat Nov 22 20:07:58 CET 2003

Here's a patch I wrote against 0.72 that adds a builtin token for
Env and Env$ (which simply wrap C getenv()) to gambas.  I wrote
it with the intent of then writing a gambas library to provide a
CGI object so gambas could be used for web apps.

Unfortunately, while I'm getting the proper result from getenv()
(verified by adding fprintf(stderr, "%s=%s", name, env); ) what
I'm returning to the gambas app seems to be the parameter the
user specified in the function call, and I can't figure out why
(it seems to lie in Gambas magic somewhere.)  Could someone (I
guess that means Benoit ;) ) tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Rob