[Gambas-devel] Late binding of components...

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Mar 11 10:55:20 CET 2003

Le Mardi 11 Mars 2003 06:23, Thomas Mayer a écrit :
> Just wondering about the possibility to late bind gambas components.  At
> the moment it is required that you install a component into the gambas
> folder and that it be preselected before a binary build.  Is it possible
> or desirable to add a type of "LoadLibrary" for the .so files.  So we
> can include components with our binaries and not need to drop them in
> the Gambas folder and then load at runtime.

Hi Thomas,

At the moment, it is not possible to put components outside of the component
directory of gambas.

It is possible to load a component at runtime with the Library.Load()
function. But this interface is subject to change.

Components are for gambas just like drivers are for the Linux kernel.

If you want to add a component to gambas, send me the source, and tell me :

- Which libraries and includes are needed so that I modify the configure
script (or do it yourself if you can !).

- What the name of the component is, and where I must put your sources in the
gambas source tree. These two points are related : gb.qt.kde is located under
the directory of gb.qt, because gb.qt.kde depends on gb.qt.

Benoît Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...