[Gambas-devel] Gambas Database Manager - Access Denied

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Sat Jun 7 01:58:50 CEST 2003

I don't entirely agree with either of you, but I figured I should try and
translate for Charlie in the interest of keeping the list civil.  I don't
mean to speak for you, Charlie, I just translated this pretty literally.  Let
me know if I've crossed a line.

Rob

On Friday 06 June 2003 19:17, Charlie wrote:
> Es war weder meine Intention, noch der Hintergedanke, dir einen

It was neither my intention, nor my ulterior motive to insult you; it was a
knee-jerk reaction to your vehement argument that one should teach everyone
Linux/Unix without also teaching its advantages just because security is
uncomfortable and/or not understandable for the novice user.

But you didn't get your driver's license just because you knew the tires on a
car reach the ground, but rather because you passed an exam showing the
ability to drive a car.

And the point of my argument that you missed was that you weren't the target
of this remark, but the people to whom you meant to refer. [okay, so that
part's not quite literal, but it's the best I could do to squeeze it into
English -R]