[Gambas-devel] Events

Nigel GERRARD nigel at ...2...
Wed Jun 4 23:48:23 CEST 2003

Benoit,

If I read this extract correctly from one of your user-list replies, there is currently no way to send an event notification from a non qt component....

'The problem is - I'm ashamed :-) - that I didn't write the event loop inside
the interpreter to manage events when a program do not use the qt component !

Maybe I should do that ?'

I was looking at and thinking about a socket component..not based on QT because I would like it to be available to GTK (when written) etc., that would send an event when it's read buffer has received something...and have been struggling to come up with the proper way of doing so :-)

My hope is that you will be able to find time to create an independant event manager and this will be the answer!!

Nigel