[Gambas-devel] Gambas Database Manager - Access Denied

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...20...
Tue Jun 3 19:07:09 CEST 2003

Le Mardi 3 Juin 2003 12:32, Nigel GERRARD a écrit :
> Few weeks or even months !:-) ago there was a thread discussing a problem
> with mysql connects.  A message similar to 'Cannot open database: Access
> denied for user '????@localhost' (Using password: NO..or YES)' occurs
> within the Database Manager.  I am not sure whether this got resolved
> properly since searching the sourceforge.net archives doesn't appear to
> work, but is due to the mysql driver defaulting to database 'mysql' and the
> connecting user not having the privileges to connect to it.
>
> I would suggest that the GDM should produce a warning message for the user
> to check that the connection user has been granted access to database
> 'mysql'.

Hi, Nigel

Could it be possible to write a little script to initialize a mysql database
server (I will the postgresql one) so that a default connection to the server
works every time ?

For example, it will create a 'gambas' user with all access, and this user
will be used by the driver.

Do you think it is a good idea, or do you think it's better to let the root
user doing that ?

mailto:gambas at ...1...