[Gambas-devel] how to create an mdi form?

Fabien Gambasfr at ...4...
Sun Jun 1 21:56:09 CEST 2003

Le Vendredi 30 Mai 2003 08:40, andrea a écrit :
> Please tell me how to create an mdi form, i'm a beginner..but i know VB
> and i want to create a database environment like access

> andy

Hi andy

First you are not in the good mailing list !
You must to be on gambas-user at ...30...

How to use the WorkSpace ?

Put a workspace area on your futur mdiform(for the exemple named mdiForm)

after create a other form named 'frmChild' for example

in the mdiform, call the child by :

Dim hForm as frmChild

hForm = New frmChild(WorkSpace)

In fact the frmChild is child of WorkSpace !
Use the Component explorer to understand the WorksPACE options, like the
arrangement, or any thing else !
Think to use the move property of the workspace widget, to place and resize
it, in the _Resize event of the mdiform

I think you need to use the split component too, it's easy to use !, just
place the componant in it , they are automatiquely placed, in this case you
must to manage the split component in the _resize event !

Fabien Bodard

Tell me if you don't understand something else !