[Gambas-devel] Tr: Re: Spanish translation for Database Manager

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Sun Jul 27 06:47:27 CEST 2003

Daniel and Benoit wrote:
> >> If I want to send events from this socket-component should I use
> >> QT (graphical components), or can I do I without any graphical library?
> >> I didn't like to use graphical components because:
> >> 1) Sockets should be independent from graphical part.
> >> 2) I know a little about GTK but nothing about QT :)
> >By talking through the mailing-list, we can share information about
> > components with other people !

I had been thinking for some time about prototyping a socket component
(client) by writing a Gambas library that wraps something like netcat.  Then
people could suggest changes here and on gambas-user to make it more usable
as a general tool, and ultimately someone writing a real socket component
would have documented ideas for how to implement their API, all ready to go.

If you're interested in writing the socket component, I'd recommend this
approach.  And I definitely agree on point 1, because in my opinion anything
that doesn't throw windows up on the screen should be independent of Qt and
Gtk ;)

Rob