[Gambas-devel] gambas compiling

Charlie karl.reinl at ...16...
Fri Aug 15 22:23:59 CEST 2003

Salut Rob and all others whos writing scripts,

since gambas deals with KDE and Databases, I type for every new version,
a very long
./configure string (without pgsql and kde ) for my SuSE 7.2.
So I had the idea to make it with a short script.

Reading all the compiling problems in the list,
and the dement from Radoslav Dejanovic' to have runtime Version.

I thought it would be nice to run a script where you can say yes or no
to the most importent options,
or better who detect if KDE is on the box and in which version and which
Database - engine could be compiled,
and in case if an error occured during configure, make or make install
the output are written to a file.
This could be send to the list.

First I thought to write a gambas - program, but what's about first
installation or broken installations.

Using perl (without any knowleg on my part) I thing would be a good
choice, because of string parsing.

This kind of 'Installation' we also can call it 'Setup' ,where the user
has to have some knowleg, or has to have
interact, is not new for people who moves from Windows to Linux, I think.

amicalement
Charlie