[Gambas-devel] Re : Socket components

Daniel Campos danielcampos at ...45...
Wed Aug 13 13:50:48 CEST 2003

Hi!

First of all : Thanks, Benoît, for the "info" files
information.

 Well, now i'm beggining to create a Socket
component for Gambas. My idea (I'll work on
it at September, cause tomorrow i'm going on
Hollydays) is to create a complete "networking" component
with the following classes:

(RoadMap version 0.0.1)

networing

+- DnsClient : a class to convert form names to IPs and viceversa

+- SockClient : A client for TCP, UDP and UNIX sockets

+- SockServer : A server wich accepts multiple connections (TCP/UNIX
sockets)

+- FtpClient : A client to simplify connections with ftp servers

All these Classes will be multithreated in order to make the
work as comfortable as possible.

The next step will be :

+- SerialPort : A class to communicate via RS-232/422/485 interfaces

and may be...

+- UsbPort? : communications via USB cable

 As at work my main "know-how" is to communicate with another computers
and dispositives, I must announce that I will work hard on this
component to have a powerful "gambas-network".

 The first week of September at least there will be a functional
DnsClient, and at the end of September a full-featured "client Socket"
and the first step of a socket server.

 Anybody interested in joinning that project, please feel  free to send
me comments and ideas. (I anybody wants to send me any source code,
please do it at my personal address danielcampos at ...47..., as a
receive Gambas-devel as a "daily-digest", and I can't extract
attachments  correctly). Remember that I can't reply until september!

 First documentation:

Class : DnsClient

Properties :

*RemoteHostName --> String (for instance "www.yahoo.es"), writeable if
Status=0
*RemoteHostIP --> String (for instance "62.81.0.1"), writeable if
status=0
*Status (read-only) --> 0 inactive, 1 resolving...

Methods :

*GetHostName --> Sets ReomteHostName using current RemoteHostIP (if
failed RemoteHostName="")
*GetHostIP  --> Sets RemoeHostIP using current RemoteHostName (if failed
RemoteHostIP="")
*Stop         --> Stops current proccess (if any)

Events :

*HostResolved (bSuccess as Boolean) --> When proccess finished, TRUE on
Success, FALSE if request falied

Thanks!

--
Daniel Campos <danielcampos at ...45...>