[Gambas-devel] Socket Component

Trax wizardmansite at ...7...
Wed Aug 13 03:02:27 CEST 2003

Just wondering... I do not work so I put all my time
into programming... My ultimate goal is to make a Role
Playing Game in gambas.. With sound.. Another
possibilty is would it be possible to make it internet
playable with gambas? It will be a 2-D tile based
game? What are the limits? I really want to be able to
contribute to the Gambas Community.. Of course it will
take a lot of time for me to do this task! But I
really wanna do it... I got thousands of Midi,Wav, and
RPG type of Graphic files.
         Gambas Looks Good To Me!
I know lots and lots of Microsoft Visual Basic and I
have been looking at gambas and see how they kinda
cross over each other... But gambas is better.. Caus I
am the Free Software type!
So what I am saying here is YES my game will be free
for all who wanna play!

--- Nigel Gerrard <nigel at ...2...>
wrote:
> Benoit,
>
> I have been looking at a Socket component for Gambas
> for several weeks now..trying to fit it in between
> my day job which is still fairly hectic at the
> moment.
>
> Attached is a work in progress component ( with a
> basic server and client test program) which might be
> useful for some of the discussion that has been
> going on.  There are several problems with it at the
> moment...especially around the server side using a
> timer for polling.  There is also an issue with a
> warning message being displayed about 'allocations
> not being freed' - I believe it is probably due to
> NEW adding to the symbol list.
>
> Feedback will be useful on whether this can be used
> to move forward...I guess ultimately we are likely
> to want to use .NET (dotGNU and/or MONO...but I
> can't get my head around them at the moment.)
>

> Nigel

name=Socket.tar.gz

name=Client.tar.gz

name=Server.tar.gz