[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2803: Desktop.SendMail method broken on the master

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Thu Nov 2 21:22:40 CET 2023

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2803&from=L21haW4-

Comment #3 by Benoît MINISINI:

It's not my fault. 'freedesktop.org' has (apparently) deprecated the 'xdg-shell' scripts.

The replacement is 'xdg-portal', a DBus interface that normally provides similar desktop features and more.

But, the DBus interface must be implemented by each different desktop, and each different desktop does not implement everything.

As often, the new shiny thing is sometimes worse than the old-fashioned way.

At the moment, if 'xdg-portal' is implemented by the desktop, it is used instead of 'xdg-shell' for everything.

Maybe I can add a flag that would allow to disable the use of 'xdg-portal' when needed?

Benoît MINISINI changed the state of the bug to: Accepted.