[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2728: Gambas Button: No Background and Border Control with QT5

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Mon Mar 27 18:10:25 CEST 2023

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2728&from=L21haW4-

Comment #9 by Claus DIETRICH:

>Are you sure that you are using the same GUI toolkit in the IDE and in the running project?

Yes, it's GTK3 - see below #3.

>On my computer:
>- With gb.qt5 / Breeze, 'Border=False' is taken into account, but then not the 'Background' property.
>- With gb.gtk3 / Breeze GTK+ theme, 'Border=False' seems to be ignored, but the the 'Background' is taken into account.

On My Kubuntu VM (repeated to make sure):

1. With gb.qt5 / Breeze, 'Border=False': Background and Border are not rendered during development- and run-time, but the Border is rendered when hovering above the button.

2. With gb.qt5 / Breeze, 'Border=True': Background and Border are rendered during development-time and run-time.

3. With gb.gtk3/ Breeze, 'Border=False': Causes the background to disappear during development-time, but it appears during run-time (see screenshot).

4. With gb.gtk3/ Breeze, 'Border=True': The background is displayed in development-time and run-time but the border is only displayed in development-time.

With this result the appearance of a Button is some kind of lottery.

Particularly above 1, 3 and 4 raised some concerns with regard to a possible bug because of the differences between development-time and run-time.

Best regards
Claus