[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2706: Gambas packs the content of .public into executable even if .public is a symlink

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Sun Feb 12 22:36:58 CET 2023

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2706&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by Christof THALHOFER:

Please read again. I think you did not understand what I wanted to say to you. If there are any questions please ask.

The issue has to do with the *packaging of the Gambas executable*.

It should pack nothing into the executable if '.public' is a symlink to another directory of the filesystem on the local computer outside the project's directory. But instead it does this:

. = /my/webapp
├── ressources 'About 15 MB of static files
│   ├── audiovideo
│   │   ├── tom.mp3
│   │   └── viehscheid.mp4
│   ├── css
│   │   └── style.css
│   ├── db
│   │   └── contacts.sqlite
│   ├── favicon
│   │   └── favicon_red_32.ico
│   ├── icons
│   │   ├── top_white.314.svg
│   │   └── logo3_256x256.png
│   ├── images
│   │   └── tom_780x1012.png
│       └── set_time.js
│
└── webapp = Gambas Project
    ├── webapp.gambas 'Executable has everything from /my/webapp/ressources included and is 15 MB large !!!!
    ├── .src
    └── .public = Symlink to /my/webapp/ressources

Christof THALHOFER changed the state of the bug to: Opened.