[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2391: More Information When msgfmt fails to compile language file.

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Mon Nov 8 21:20:33 CET 2021

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2391&from=L21haW4-

Comment #4 by Brian G:

That fix was great!
Here is the output

fr.po:23: 'msgid' and 'msgstr' entries do not both begin with '\n'
msgfmt: found 1 fatal error

It tells me the exact line number to look at and the file fr.po

I understand it would be almost impossible to map it back to the source code line, but the fr.po does have a comment i can look at
and it has the text i can search for. The error I was having was induced when i entered the translation, so could just fix it in the
actual fr.po file... It seems to work anyway..

Again thanks Ben, you are true incredible!