[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2217: Open Dialog raises "silent" Errors which don't interrupt the Application

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Mon May 31 00:10:04 CEST 2021

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2217&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by Claus DIETRICH:

>No error is raised.
This is not true. An error is raised and detected by error routines. It just doesn't stop the app.

>You are reading Error.Text, which returns the last generated error message, which means nothing
This is only to display that
  A) an Error is reported and
  B) what type of error it is.
But it is an error.

>if you didn't just do a TRY or a CATCH.
Yes, I did a TRY after the Open Dialog and the error routine after The TRY detects this error which
 A) has nothing to do with the TRY and
 B) has no reason to exist

So what should programmers do in such case? Always resetting the error status after an Open Dialog or refrain from using error routines if an Open Dialog is around? This would surprise me and I still regard this as a bug.