[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2131: differences gtk <--> qt5

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Fri Mar 12 14:06:03 CET 2021

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2131&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by Bruce STEERS:

<- me , runs and hides...
that version thing would be my doing, I have been showing Micha how to customise gambas a bit by making his own branch.

There are a number of programming differences i've found making controls and using gtk/qt
Mainly i have found for example a Me.Background might work as expected on gtk but not on qt and changing the Me.Background to $hView.Background will fix it, i do not full understand the reasons for this but have found a little trial and error of different combinations gets it right.

oddities like that. (looks like the problem shown in the pic)

as for the look of gambas, Gambas will not show any other icons than the ones shown in the above screenshot on Manjaro (also Suse and Fedora) and those dark icons do not display well with a dark theme. I have set "gnome" icons in my system settings and in gambas on Manjaro but it will not use them.

Bruce STEERS changed the state of the bug to: Accepted.