[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2235: Help browser window needs "serach: feature - esp. for offline help topic searches

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Mon Jun 7 19:28:57 CEST 2021

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2235&from=L21haW4-

John ANDERSON reported a new bug.

Summary
-------

Help browser window needs "serach: feature - esp. for offline help topic searches

Type             : Request
Priority         : Medium
Gambas version   : 3.16
Product          : Development Environment

Description

Requesting a "Search" function on help browser window - that would really make help window more "helpful".

We're using Gambas in offline mode - i.e. air-gapped from the Internet at secure facility.  So no way to do Google search online while using Gambas.

Using terminal function "grep" like a caveman is possible - but doesn't really help if you're not quite sure what you're looking for yet.

For instance: just now I was trying to look up "_Read" methods for classes, and I keep finding everything about stream events...I had to know to look at "Property declaration" topics first.  I am trying to convert from VB's "Property Get, Set, Let" stuff and trying to find the Gambas way - all offline - can be challenging.

ALSO:  The "Gambas Web Page" button is useless if no Internet connection.  Maybe there is a way to re-direct that to -local machine- home help page?

System information