[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2310: Gambas Apps have isssues talking to other gambas apps started with exec

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Mon Jul 19 22:49:01 CEST 2021

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2310&from=L21haW4-

Comment #14 by Brian G:

So I guess this really becomes a request.

Ok so it seems to be a timing of pipe read and delays in the application read.
If The read is delayed until after the pipe is closed lof() reports zero.

EOF() reports correctly.

So would it be possible to have lof() check for  eof if it is a pipe , before returning 0
and return a negative read length maybe equivalent to the system buffer size or some other reasonable -number
until the buffer is empty after a eof() happens.

Yes I should have read the Lof help:

If the stream is not a file, i.e. a Process or a Socket, then it returns the number of bytes that can be read at once.

But I did not get that it only did the max until all were read... Sorry