[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2285: idea for versioning Gambas3

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Sun Jul 11 04:07:52 CEST 2021

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2285&from=L21haW4-

Comment #1 by Benoît MINISINI:

I don't think that any change in version numbers will fix the stability problems, because people usually test a version after it has been released, not before.

Moreover, a problematic feature is problematic only for the people who use it. So the same version that will be buggy for you will look very stable for someone else.

As for the 3.16.0, I think most of the problems comes from the GTK+ version of the IDE, that everyone now uses by default unless it uses KDE. It's not a dramatic problem per se, because you can still run the QT version of the IDE if you need.

And I would always use the QT version myself, as the GTK+ is slower, and has more problems, even if most of them have been fixed now.

Anyway, we are on a bugtracker. If you want to talk about that, you must use the mailing-list!