[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1962: opacity

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Tue Jan 26 01:27:24 CET 2021

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1962&from=L21haW4-

Comment #5 by Bruce STEERS:

If i use code like this....

Public Sub Form_Open()

Me.Opacity=75
Timer1.Delay = 0
Timer1.Start()

End

Public Sub Timer1_Timer()
  Wait
  Timer1.Stop

  Dec FMain.Window.Opacity
  Inc FMain.Window.Opacity
End

'------

Then opacity works on Marco with compositing at program launch.

Still with Compiz opacity works just fine without that code.

But opacity is flawed with Marco, if i use the Gnome tweak tool to change window designer when i choose compiz the window instantly shows the opacity.

If i change to Marco with compositing the opacity does not show until my app changes it's value like it does in the above Timer event.

Hope this helps.
PS. Opacity on My Mate-Terminal shows fine when switching to Marco.  It's got to be a gambas bug.

Wishing Well