[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1731: ME when called in main returns the class instance not an object

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Tue Feb 2 22:33:53 CET 2021

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1731&from=L21haW4-

Comment #5 by Benoît MINISINI:

I know why I didn't do that: it's because it may be useful to get the current class from a static method.

To be able to let ME be more coherent like you asked, we need a new keyword that can return the current class. Some sort of "static ME".

So I will keep ME the way it is until I find a satisfying name for that new keyword.

As a work around, you can use the AutoCreate() method of the Class class.

Benoît MINISINI changed the state of the bug to: Rejected.