[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #2169: dist upgrades from ppa are not taken in considerations

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Thu Apr 29 04:37:37 CEST 2021

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.2169&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by Herberth GUZMAN:

Hi  Benoit
With my terrible English I will try to explain.

1. No ppa works for me, every change you make I install it, I am in front of the computer waiting for some change to test and see if it works lol.

  It gives me the error that the gb.desktop.x11 component is not found.

2. If I install gambas3-ide it doesn't install the following components and I have to install it separately for it to work:
prawns3-gb-net-curl
prawns3-gb-net
prawns3-gb-util

3. I uninstall gambas3 from ppa,  and then compile (make install), in this way my project works fine, except my system tray, if you look at the example you have in gambas3 /app/examples/Misc/SystemTray you will see that it only shows an icon in the systemtray, new icons do not show them.

Example:
nm-applet is loaded
  and you want to show in the system tray vlc, qBitorrent or telegram does not show them.

Greetings

Herberth GUZMAN changed the state of the bug to: Accepted.