[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1931: No Mouse Data in the GridView Click Event

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Tue Oct 27 01:33:35 CET 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1931&from=L21haW4-

Comment #3 by Tony MOREHEN:

Benoit did understand your report.  Mouse properties are only available during mouse-specific events: MouseDown, MouseMove, MouseUp.  Grid_Click is not a mouse-specific event.  Click can also be generated by the keyboard ie pressing Return when the control has focus.  So using mouse.right in a click event was a crash waiting to happen in previous versions of Gambas.  I can also imagine the fun trying to debug that crash.  So the bug fix Benoit referred to removed mouse properties from the click event.  I had a working program blow up the same way you did and Benoit explained the reasoning for the change.  He was right.