[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1915: Packager no longer allowes the selection of a directory for extra files

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Wed Oct 21 20:46:25 CEST 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1915&from=L21haW4-

Comment #1 by Brian G:

Update, I think I have found the problem

    It is possible to add directories still in latest version of packager.

    if you are using the (same for all) checkbox and you set up for anything after autotools to begin with

    then later add autotools as a selection which in the .project file will add a new build system before
    those that you have done. The extra files window still shows the original selected extra files.
    But the actual build does not find autotools as an entry for the extra files causing the extra files to be ignored.

    I have included a .project file which shows this issue and the project that contains it.

    .project file that works :
# Gambas Project File 3.0
Title=testpackaging
Startup=Main
Version=0.0.1
TabSize=2
Language=en_US
Maintainer=brian
Address=brian at brian-GTR-PRO
License=General Public License
PackageName=testpackaging-0.0.1
CreateEachDirectory=1
MimeTypes="gbh"
Packager=1
Systems=debian,ubuntu
SameFiles=1
Menus=debian:"Applications/Education"
Categories=debian:"Education"
Groups=debian:"admin"
ExtraFiles=debian:"Source1\t/usr/share/testpackage\nSource2\t/usr/share/testpackage"
Menus=ubuntu:"Applications/Accessibility"
Categories=ubuntu:"Accessibility"
Groups=ubuntu:"admin"
ExtraFiles=ubuntu:"Source1\t/usr/share/testpackage\nSource2\t/usr/share/testpackage"

.project file that fails:
# Gambas Project File 3.0
Title=testpackaging
Startup=Main
Version=0.0.1
TabSize=2
Language=en_US
Maintainer=brian
Address=brian at brian-GTR-PRO
License=General Public License
PackageName=testpackaging-0.0.1
CreateEachDirectory=1
MimeTypes="gbh"
Packager=1
Systems=autotools,debian,ubuntu   <++++ autotools shows as first system to build
SameFiles=1
Menus=debian:"Applications/Education"   <++++++ There is no entry set for autotools so use all only looks for the first system
                                         ++++++ since there is none for autotools extrafiles is ignored