[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1909: 'make install' does not install menu item

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Sat Oct 17 02:33:00 CEST 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1909&from=L21haW4-

Comment #4 by Bruce STEERS:

Ps.
I think line 44
xdg-desktop-menu forceupdate; \

can be omitted, I used it as on one linux system the menu didn't show (can't remember what one)
(it had been installed and showed when i simply opened up my menu editor and closed it again)
So i added that command but from what i read it should not be needed.

I believe it's meant for adding a bunch of menu entries like
"xdg-desktop-menu install --noupdate desktopfile.desktop"
and then you use
"xdg-desktop-menu forceupdate" after all the adds.

But it does not really slow things down so i left it in as an added precaution/kick.
BruceS