[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1893: V<3.15 compatability request (CurrentArgument)

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Wed Oct 7 04:31:57 CEST 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1893&from=L21haW4-

Comment #2 by Bruce STEERS:

Hi, ever so sorry Benoit i missed this post.
I cannot confirm i'm afraid.
I seemed to loose some args lists along the way too (recovered the big one, phew).

I had a look at the commit changes , i'm not sure you've addressed the correct issue my friend.

The Problem is with the CurrentArgument setting alone, not the Arguments or ArgumentsList setting.

Because from gambas 3.15 it saves CurrentArgument as the current arg String[]
previous versions of gambas expect the list index Integer as CurrentArgument so error on attempting to load.

The Arguments or ArgumentsList has not changed and does not cause a problem.

The only fix i see that does not involve updating the previous gambas versions is to make 3.15 change to saving CurrentArgument as a different name and removing it so previous Gambas wont see it on load.
Or to make 3.15 go back to using the list index Integer for CurrentArgument.

Sorry again, i wish i'd seen this reply now and said earlier.
Thank you though.