[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1894: Project component requirements.

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Fri Oct 2 15:00:36 CEST 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1894&from=L21haW4-

Comment #5 by Bruce STEERS:

Thank you Benoit , sorry to trouble you.
I'll try to make my installer handle all the variables.
I read last night about the "LIKE" and "MATCH" commands auto loading gb.pcre and thought that probably wouldn't be in the .project file either so figured there's probably a few components like gb.form.stock and others i could just install regardless of the app just as it'd just be a good idea. I will read the packaging info you provided and get what i can from it. thank you.

And thank you for the gb.qt5 reason, of course that makes sense now. i can make my script look for the /usr/lib/qt4 or qt5 folders and install the gb ones required.

I might try a different angle as well, maybe an app or script you can drag-n-drop a gambas application file on that tries to run the app and catches the error messages (being missing components) and auto installs dependencies as called for.

Thank you for your info kind sir and sorry again. as i was typing the questions i was getting a nagging feeling that your .project files were none of my darn business really, but with an almost working installer script i just needed to ask about the missing .project file entries.

back to finding the proper bugs then :)