[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1969: result of function Format () is error

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Mon Nov 23 23:23:32 CET 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1969&from=L21haW4-

Comment #29 by Benoît MINISINI:

I will try to reformulate my problems:

1) Format(Now, "mmmm") must return the current month name. The month name is returned by the system library, which gives me "十一月" for November. Does it have any sense in Chinese?

2) Format(Now, "mmm") must return the current month name in an abbreviated form. It is also returned by the system library, which gives me "11月". Does it have any sense in Chinese?

3) Format(Now, "dddd") must return the current day name. It is provided by the system library, which gives me "星期一". Does it have any sense in Chinese?

4) Format(Now, "ddd") must return the current day name in an abbreviated form. It is provided by the system library, which gives me "一". Does it have any sense in Chinese?

5) The 'gb.LongDate' format prints the current day name, followed by the current day number. Is it the correct order in Chinese?

6) The 'gb.LongDate' and 'gb.MediumDate' formats use month names, not month numbers. Does Chinese date use the same order when month name is used instead of month number?

Thanks in advance for your answers.