[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1956: Feature Request: Flush Buffer Function for Serial Ports (gb.net)

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Mon Nov 9 15:43:40 CET 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1956&from=L21haW4-

Comment #4 by Claus DIETRICH:

Hi Benoît
Happy to hear, that you took this up but clearing both buffers with one command is a clear no-go. It must be separated!
Serial ports have a full duplex capability and problems, which occur during transmission, should have no impact on the receive side.

I appreciate your offer to implement a handshake timeout. While my class is implementing it for a RTS/CTS hardware handshake only I will try to get you a general specification.

Claus DIETRICH changed the state of the bug to: Accepted.