[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1802: When Creating Installation package for app that is using a shared library dependency version setting is incorrect

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Wed May 27 10:42:41 CEST 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1802&from=L21haW4-

Brian G reported a new bug.

Summary
-------

When Creating Installation package for app that is using a shared library dependency version setting is incorrect

Type             : Bug
Priority         : High
Gambas version   : Master
Product          : Development Environment

Description
-----------

When Creating ubuntu Installation package for app using a shared library dependency is incorrect

The max dependency is always set to be less than the current version number of the library

The setting is always incorrect
if we have a shared lib and the version is 3.14.90 equal to the current gambas version so happens my lib version is greater than gambas version

The control file is always wrong

it is set to  westwood-sharedmem (>= 3.13.0), westwood-sharedmem (<< 3.14.90)

so its not possible to install the app with shared lib >= 3.14.90 . If its a component not a lib then the entry

 is set to  gambas3-westwood-sharedmem (>= 3.14), gambas3-westwood-sharedmem (<< 3.99.0)

I have been fixing this by hand, but maybe It could be corrected?

I have reset the lib version to 3.14.1 and there is no issues. should a shared library versions be tied to gambas version?

System information