[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1764: Timer continues to tick for new task into method from parent

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Sun Mar 29 19:36:07 CEST 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1764&from=L21haW4-

Comment #3 by Benoît MINISINI:

As Olivier said, the task are run by the fork() system call. So running a task inherits every object existing at the moment it starts: open file descriptors, and especially the running timers.

Should we stop the running timers when a task starts? It would be an exception with the fact that everything is inherited, and I don't like exceptions. And maybe someone will find a case where that is useful.

So I suggest adding a Timer.StopAll() static method or something similar, so that you can stop all the running timers in one line of code if needed.

What do you think?