[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1764: Timer continues to tick for new task into method from parent

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Sat Mar 28 17:46:18 CET 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1764&from=L21haW4-

Comment #1 by Olivier CRUILLES:

Hello,
I'm very interested by this bug or not issue, because I have used a lot of Task in many project and it was one of my problem to manage.
In my case I found a work around using variables to lock Timer execution in Task by check if this the PID of the main process or a task.
It work fine but it's a little tricky to put in place.
One of my project create more than millions task per day and it work.

So for now I don't now if it's really a bug or just an side effect of the fork mechanism used to create a Task.

Surely Benoit will answer on that.

Olivier Cruilles