[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1752: Extra Dependencies list is slow and unreliable when Distro-specific

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Tue Mar 10 22:28:27 CET 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1752&from=L21haW4-

REALITYRIPPLE reported a new bug.

Summary
-------

Extra Dependencies list is slow and unreliable when Distro-specific

Type             : Bug
Priority         : Medium
Gambas version   : Master
Product          : Development Environment

Description
-----------

The list of Extra Dependencies is a mess when the "Same dependencies for all targets" checkbox is unchecked. For example, I have zbar set as a requirement - on Debian and Ubuntu, the package name is "zbar-tools", on every other OS, it's just "zbar". When I choose one distro or another in the dropdown, it often takes a few seconds for the changes to become apparent, even when there are no other extra dependencies in the list. This ends up having troubling effects when trying to add new dependencies to each distro in turn, as you have to pause between each dropdown selection before making any additions or changes to the list, which can be even messier if different distros have the same list, since you can't tell when the change has occurred. The result can be that a target distro can be skipped when updating, or can even be overwritten by a different distro's list.

My suggestion is to simply disable the list and all the buttons when things are loading, if the load time is for some reason unavoidable.

Side Note: I'm not using any version numbers in these tests.

System information
------------------

[System]
Gambas=3.14.90
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=5.3.0-40-generic
Architecture=x86_64
Distribution=Ubuntu 19.10
Desktop=XFCE
Theme=Gtk
Language=en_US.UTF-8
Memory=3927M

[Libraries]
Cairo=libcairo.so.2.11600.0
Curl=libcurl.so.4.5.0
DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.19.10
GStreamer=libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.1601.0
GTK+2=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.32
GTK+3=libgtk-3.so.0.2404.8
OpenGL=libGL.so.1.7.0
Poppler=libpoppler.so.90.0.0
QT4=libQtCore.so.4.8.7
QT5=libQt5Core.so.5.12.4
SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4
SQLite=libsqlite3.so.0.8.6

[Environment]
CLUTTER_BACKEND=x11
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:path=/run/user/1000/bus
DESKTOP_SESSION=xubuntu
DISPLAY=:0.0
GB_GUI=gb.qt5
GDMSESSION=xubuntu
GDM_LANG=en_US
GPG_AGENT_INFO=/run/user/1000/gnupg/S.gpg-agent:0:1
GTK_OVERLAY_SCROLLING=0
HOME=<home>
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
LOGNAME=<user>
PANEL_GDK_CORE_DEVICE_EVENTS=0
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin
PWD=<home>
QT_LOGGING_RULES=*.debug=false
QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2
SESSION_MANAGER=local/<hostname>:@/tmp/.ICE-unix/2199,unix/<hostname>:/tmp/.ICE-unix/2199
SHELL=/bin/bash
SHLVL=0
SSH_AGENT_PID=2299
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh
TZ=:/etc/localtime
USER=<user>
XAUTHORITY=<home>/.Xauthority
XCURSOR_THEME=DMZ (Black)
XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/etc/xdg/xdg-xubuntu:/etc/xdg:/etc/xdg
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=XFCE
XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/share/xubuntu:/usr/share/xfce4:/usr/local/share:/usr/share:/var/lib/snapd/desktop:/usr/share
XDG_GREETER_DATA_DIR=/var/lib/lightdm-data/<user>
XDG_MENU_PREFIX=xfce-
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1000
XDG_SEAT=seat0
XDG_SEAT_PATH=/org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Seat0
XDG_SESSION_CLASS=user
XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP=xubuntu
XDG_SESSION_ID=c1
XDG_SESSION_PATH=/org/freedesktop/DisplayManager/Session0
XDG_SESSION_TYPE=x11
XDG_VTNR=7