[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1733: gb.openssl Expose Key Derivation Functions

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Mon Mar 9 21:30:41 CET 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1733&from=L21haW4-

Comment #8 by REALITYRIPPLE:

Egh, I did not mean to attach that to the previous comment... Anyway, there's my shot at Pbkdf2 and Scrypt in "Gambas C". And I guess since they have different parameters, they should remain different functions.

The example code fails silently if there's a problem, and since I've never written anything in C for Gambas before, there's probably one or two expected ways of doing things or pre-written functions that I missed. Also note that Pbkdf2 requires OpenSSL 1.0.2 and Scrypt requires 1.1.0. I have no idea what the graceful way of handling that is, so I just failed silently based on OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER.