[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1837: Crashes on start

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Fri Jul 24 18:13:47 CEST 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1837&from=L21haW4-

Comment #7 by John HODGES:

I noted today, that an updated version of Gambas - I had uninstalled Gambas in the hope that installing from the Unbuntu PPA would work - is present in the repositories (version 3.15.0+git6020.ada92ed+build4.33f7eb1.15.697283e~ubuntu20.04.1 from 3.15.0-02). However, on marking gambas for installation (via Synaptic), as soon as all additional packages are 'marked', the gambas3 metapackage is highlighted as being broken.

I don't know whether or not the following is relevant, but I have trawled through the list of dependencies for the gambas3 metapackage, and the packages listed below, though marked as dependency for gambas3, are shown in Synaptic to be 'transitional' packages with no version number and a 1B size:

gambas3-gb-mysql
gambas3-gb-gsl
gambas3-gb-net-pop3
gambas3-gb-pdf

The following 2 packages, while not listed as dependencies of gambas3 within Synaptic, are listed as transitional packages, again with no version number and with a 1B size:

gambas3-gb-db-mysql
gambas3-gb-mime