[Gambas-bugtracker] Bug #1830: No Output in IDE-Console when Printing with a terminating Semicolon or Comma

bugtracker at gambaswiki.org bugtracker at gambaswiki.org
Sat Jul 18 14:04:18 CEST 2020

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1830&from=L21haW4-

Comment #4 by Claus DIETRICH:

Hi

Thanks for your immediate reply.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this behavior appears to be new in Gambas and it contradicts with the Gambas documentation: https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/lang/print

I am using the semicolon wastly in console print commands for fault finding since Visual Basic and wonder how I shall do this in the future and i.e. displaying data arriving at the serial port. How shall I display binary data in the console? All line by line?

If this behavior of Gambas is new, I would be interested to learn, whether it is worth to think about a feature request in order to turn things back as an option.

Have a pleasant weekend and
with best regards

Claus

Claus DIETRICH changed the state of the bug to: NeedsInfo.